July 20th, 2011
Thank you for the question, and yes, absolutely. Germs are known to linger on the bristles, and you risk prolonging your sickness by continuing to use the same toothbrush. Be smart this summer - keep a spare, just in case! To protect your toothbrush from bacteria all year long, consider the following tips:
• Wash your hands before and after brushing
• Allow the brush to air dry after each use, harmful bacteria dies after being exposed to oxygen
• Store the toothbrush in an upright position to allow water to drain and dry faster
• Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Worn bristles are less effective in properly cleaning your teeth, and can actually be damaging to teeth if used too long!
Hope these tips help! Feel free to call us if you have any questions or ask Dr. Baruffi and our team at Southcenter Dental on Facebook.
July 14th, 2011
Happy Thursday! Whether you've visited Dr. Baruffi and Southcenter Dental for a week, months or even years, we'd love to hear your feedback about your experience! There are lots of places on the Web where you may share your reviews, but we'd like to direct you to our Google Local Page to write a review of us - it only takes a moment!
You may write your review here.
Thank you in advance and enjoy your weekend!
- Dr. Baruffi and team
July 7th, 2011
With summer in full force, Dr. Baruffi and our team at Southcenter Dental thought today would be a great time to remind all our athletes to take care of both their mouth while participating in sports - especially contact sports - this summer.
Only by using a mouth guard can people avoid serious sports injuries. The next time you're in for a visit with Dr. Baruffi, we encourage you to ask us for a mouth guard! In addition, here are five quick tips for keeping yourself and your kids safe during sport activities.
• Wear a helmet
• Stretch before and after a game or practice
• Wear protective eyewear
• Wear a face shield to avoid scratched or bruised skin
• Be observant, even as a spectator
We hope you're enjoying your summer, and invite you all to share your summer photos on our Facebook page!
June 30th, 2011
Give Southcenter Dental a call to schedule your appointment with Dr. Jerome Baruffi.